With the New Year upon us, we tend to get ourselves caught up in the “New Year, New Me” aspect and begin to prepare for the New Year and come up with a list of resolutions. But we really can’t set new resolutions without looking back on our past year. Today I am sharing tips on how to prepare new year, these easy tips will have you ready and excited the new year.
1. Reflect & Celebrate – This is the time to go back and look at your goal list and see what all you accomplished and want you haven’t. This is also the perfect opportunity to let go of anything you don’t want to carry forward into the new year. Celebrate your wins and goals that you have completed. Think about what ways have you grown or changed as a person over the past 12 months.
2. Release- Do you have any negative energy around you? Do you have and toxic relationships with friends or lovers, if so it’s time to release that hold and let them go! What about your workplace, maybe it’s time to talk it out with your co-worker or boss so you can release all the negativity and go into the New Year with an open mind and open heart.
3. Clean & Tie Up Lose Ends- Go back and look at your goal list from this year and look and see if they are any goals that can be completed before the end of the year. Here’s a big one for me- Clean out your closet, household products, and old beauty products. I don’t know about you guys but back in the day, my grandmother would kill me if I went into the New Year with dirty clothes or a dirty house lol. I know cleaning the house can be a struggle for some people, but putting off buying a new vacuum cleaner (check out some vacuum cleaner reviews for more information), getting out the duster or not wiping down dirty surfaces isn’t going to help anyone. Cleaning regularly reduces the look of a dirty/messy home. Grandma was right.
4. Self Care– Start implementing self-care practices throughout the year which will benefit our mind, body, and soul. Start now so that you won’t be tired and stressed out before the New Year.
5. Set Realistic Goals- Who’s having a vision board party? Vision boards keep you and your goals on track. It’s critical to set realistic goals. Be specific and set short and long-term milestones (more on this later).
Now I want to hear from you, How Do You Prepare For The New Year?