For the past year, I’ve been up and down emotionally, most of this has to do with the passing of my mother and my big move. I didn’t feel like getting up from my bed. I would hug my pillow and sleep. My thought process was that, if I just slept, it would allow me to forget about my problems, even if it was just for a short while. Honestly, I didn’t want to face reality. It was just too depressing and stressful for me to think about. Losing my mother and making my move are all significant life events that probably shouldn’t take place at the same time, especially if you want to stay sane.
During this period of my life, I think I’ve struggled more than I have ever struggled. Once I was afraid to say this, but I don’t think I am anymore. When I spoke out to my friends, I realized that I wasn’t alone. There is always someone else who is facing a battle that you didn’t know about. For example, a good friend of mine was in the middle of a divorce. Her marriage hadn’t been the best for a while. Did I know? No. She managed it so well. When I asked her how she did it, she said that you had bought some cannabis-infused products, which came to her via somewhere like this breeze recreational cannabis company, and she hasn’t looked back since. Of course, there are times when she lets her emotions out – you wouldn’t be human otherwise. But she has found a way to cope and all I could think about was doing the same.
I just didn’t know where to start. What works for her might not work for me, so I had to find something that would work just as well. For a long time, I thought about carrying on with hugging my pillow and sleeping because that did make a bit of a difference to how I felt. Perhaps, in between, I might have wished for a better mattress and would have read matters reviews from Sleep Education or related pages. But that was that. I still struggle day to day, which is why I need to find my happy place. My happy place includes swimming and laying by the pool or on the beach. This clears my head plus allows me to reflect on my blessing and I get to be a real-life mermaid lol.
What’s the first thing you think of when you hear this phrase “Find Your Happy Place?” Usually, it’s referring to someone in a situation where they need to escape reality temporarily to cope. Everyone needs somewhere you can escape the stress and constraints of everyday life and feel completely at ease, The key here is really just to shift your thinking and focus.
[ctt template=”8″ link=”a5Ukf” via=”no” ]Getting the right perspective by “finding your happy place” just might help you get out of your “unhappy place”. @ecurvynchic[/ctt]
Ask Yourself This:
Where do you feel comfortable?
What do you enjoy doing with your time?
What makes you happy?
6 Ways To Find Your Happy Place
1. Travel Somewhere New For A Fresh Perspective– New scenery is always a good thing. Take a weekend getaway. It doesn’t have to be expensive, book a staycation. Go spend the weekend in a hotel nearby.
2. Count Your Blessings- Anytime I start to get in that “unhappy place” this one always snaps me back. Somebody else out there always has it worse than you.
3. Reminisce On Good Memories- Do you have a certain memory that makes you smile every time you think of it? Maybe it’s a childhood memory – Maybe it’s when you fell in love- Maybe the birth of your child.
4. Set A New Goal- Fixing your mind on a new goal can be exciting. What is something that inspires you? What is something you’ve always wanted to achieve? It’s never too late. Fixing your mind on a new goal can be exciting.
5. Take a risk- Maybe it’s time to act on that idea you’ve been kicking around. Doing something risky can be exhilarating and makes you feel alive. Don’t be stupid risky though. What has been holding you back? Fear? We have all have fear. Get over it. Face it. Do something. Take a risk.
Taking a risk may mean different things to different people. Taking on a new job may be a risk for some. Moving to a completely new city with completely new people to begin a new life may be a risk that some might be willing to take. Well, I must say that these two are among the most wildering things a person can do in their life. Just think about moving to a new city, leaving all your favorite things and people behind! Alright! That may not be the case for you if you hire a removalist company such as Herbert Removals Sydney (Australia). They might not be able to pack your favorite people, but they can certainly pack and carry all of your favorite things if you plan on moving from one location to another. They can even assist you with interstate moving service. In any case, it’s worthwhile to take the risk in this situation. Don’t you agree?
6. Go To Your Happy Place Literally– Book your favorite vacation spot as soon as possible. It could be apartments warrnambool or even a resort, whatever fits your budget.
Swimsuit and Lace Dress – Forever21
The next time you find yourself in your favorite place, take some time to savor the moments.
What/Where is your happy place?